<body> eville's
Photobucket
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
youtube comments
I've been reading comments on youtube for the past few days. the comments on syf 2006. It saddened me a little, when I remember what zakiah, band majorette of anderson sec 2005, said in the nco forum around half a year ago.
she reminded all the ncos that the true mission of being appointed as a leader of the band is..
"to serve the band, our individual sch band. at the same time, fostering frenships with others to create more buzz in this music scene."
and it goes on, ended with..
"at the end of the day, it's not about which batch rocks, but how far OUR bands go in this society where, not many ppl appreciate music."
which this case, batch hafta change to band.
Ha, it make sense to me. and when people back at youtube recently were fighting which band copy the ideas from which band, and which band rocks whereas another band sucks. this saddened me a little, and I decided to clear all negative thoughts from all bands from then onwards. and I apologise for whatever negative comments I made in the past. all band rocks!

Then I developed this thinking, in which case lets assume there's no leaders involve in the rude comments, only members, and the members are actually throwing the efforts of the leaders in fostering friendships between bands down the drain. imagine the leaders are sent to nco camp every year, but the display band syf every two years actually destroyed friendships..
what I'm trying to say is, sometimes coincidence do occurs. and it's doesnt mean it's copying ideas. well, okay, assume that coincidence occurs and that two display bands played the same songs, do the same formations, perform the same gimmicks, but the best wins. having the same concept doesn't mean both can do as well. on the other hand, isnt it a little more challenging? only the better one can do it. if you happened to be the not-as-good one, den try harder two years later. there's no need to say that other better band sucks. anyways, syf competition is not ALL about getting awards only, but to bond members together through the very tedious practices (maybe not about this, but I personally think it does serve this purpose as well)

everyone can have their favourites. like me, I love bpmb, but of course, I love yimb more, although they are not as good. if you ask me, I will tell you bpmb rocks. but yimb rocks more. simply because I'm in it and we are bond closer than bpmb of course, no matter how much I think they rocks. any band can rocks more den any other band, in anybody's opinion. but there's no need to bring down other bands by saying they sucks. this destroyed the friendship between bands. ooh, and I'm feeling relieved that maybe this only occurs for display bands where there's only 8 of us. but if this happened between concert band syf? ooh, I can't imagine what will happen.

haha, okay, again, I'm not good at words. just trying hard to make you people see my point. not heavy I hope, just a cheerful and hopeful one. but at youtube under deyi's show, I spot zhiwen's and someone named deontan's comments was great. I think it's pretty meaningful. do take a look if you are interested, haha.

hohoho, I'm really missing the ncos nowadays. and I'm missing the yimb practices. and before I forget, happy belated mothers' day to all. though I doubt any mums are reading this. this reminds me of the chat I had with the ncos on msn last year's mothers' day. haha. yay! and there's acjc concert again! weeee~ I'm going to save money from now on. for the brenna's promised kbox trip and the concert! I've got tuition and I better go now. bye!
p.s. weird. I'm writing this post and felt ashamed of myself at the same time. seriously hate myself. -_-ll

posted by eville;yunpeng at 8:26 AM `

Comments: Post a Comment
tagboard



friends

Aizat
Charmaine
Chun Hao
Clement
Denise
Felicia
Fengru
Geralyn
Hermione
Jie Sheng
Jocelyn
Jolene
Joshua
Jovina
Kai Kee
Karen
Li Juan
Meiko
Min Min
Ming Zhi
Nadillah
NGPriest
Salehah
Salim
Sin Yee
TsingXiu
Wei Wen
Wendy
Winnie
XinFang
Xin Hui
Xiujing
xSmiles
Yi Yuan
Zac
Zihui


links

30th Band NCOs `04
My Friendster
YIMB forum/group
YIMB pictures


wishlist

Your wishes are mine.


archives

May 2005


June 2005


July 2005


August 2005


September 2005


October 2005


November 2005


December 2005


January 2006


February 2006


March 2006


April 2006


May 2006


June 2006


July 2006


August 2006


September 2006


October 2006


December 2006


January 2007


February 2007


March 2007


April 2007


May 2007


June 2007


July 2007


August 2007


September 2007


October 2007


November 2007


December 2007


January 2008


February 2008


March 2008


April 2008


May 2008


June 2008


July 2008


August 2008


September 2008


October 2008


December 2008


January 2009


February 2009


March 2009


April 2009


May 2009


June 2009


July 2009


August 2009


September 2009


October 2009


November 2009


December 2009


January 2010


February 2010


March 2010


April 2010


May 2010


June 2010


July 2010