<body> eville's
Photobucket
Saturday, April 22, 2006
yimb
I seriously do not know what more can I do for the band. It seems like the formations the band are doing was not clear enough to show what it is. In short, no one understand the pictures the band are forming, except for people who have seen the formation paper.

I do want to encourage, not in the way of telling the members that they already can get the gold because lying doesn't help and that would create over confidence in themselves, nor telling the members they are still too far from the standard of gold as it would demorlise them. I can't find a more appropriate way to do so. All I can do is do as much as I can for the band, maybe they would work harder.

I used to worry too much. However, from past experience, worrying is a waste of time, it's not gonna help if you are not going to do anything about your worriness. hence, no point worrying. make sense? to me at least, and I'm trying really hard not to worry. but not to worry is harder than to worry. worrying is an excuse to make sure that you don't have to do anything meanwhile. blah~ what am I talking about, I'm on the topic of band..

okay, I'm trying to say, I'm trying hard not to worry, even though I'm still worried. Getting a gold medal is important, I don't think any of the teachers, seniors or instructors are thinking about getting into the finals. A gold medal will do, yes, IT IS IMPORTANT. but it's NOT the MOST IMPORTANT thing. not to me at least. of course I do hope that the band clinch a gold medal. but I hope more to see the band as united as never ever. I hope to hear no jeering, but cheering, no demoralising statement, but encouraging statement, not joining the crowd but make sure the crowd join you. It means, no jeering when someone made a mistake (not cheering too, in this case, of course) but cheer when someone did something great. Keep encouraging each other and never mention a statement that demoralise. Not joining the crowd in talking but make sure the crowd joined you to keep quiet, by you, making the effort of telling them it's not the time to open their mouth yet. If I were to choose between the band being united or having the medal, I will choose being united. What's a gold medal band? it's all the same, yes you would have earned glory for your school and whatever. But so what? If your band seems so disciplined in public, so good and perfect in marching and music, seems like the best on earth. Yet during practices, it's so difficult to keep their mouth shut when someone is giving a speech or it's so difficult that you have to try all kinds of punishment, sort of beg the members to come for practices.

Only when you are enjoying the music and getting the hang of it make sure that you march within the tempo and stuff, and only when you know that you are putting all your best into the show. Members, you are not on your own, the whole band is behind you to make sure that with you, it perfects the show. How many members can actually make sure that they put in all the best for all practices? and yet how many members actually tell themselves one practice after another that they will do their best only until next practice?

It's only tomorrow. do your best, even if you don't care.
I just wanted to say, I'm not good at words. you might not get what I mean. in that case, forget it.

posted by eville;yunpeng at 2:55 PM `

Comments: Post a Comment
tagboard



friends

Aizat
Charmaine
Chun Hao
Clement
Denise
Felicia
Fengru
Geralyn
Hermione
Jie Sheng
Jocelyn
Jolene
Joshua
Jovina
Kai Kee
Karen
Li Juan
Meiko
Min Min
Ming Zhi
Nadillah
NGPriest
Salehah
Salim
Sin Yee
TsingXiu
Wei Wen
Wendy
Winnie
XinFang
Xin Hui
Xiujing
xSmiles
Yi Yuan
Zac
Zihui


links

30th Band NCOs `04
My Friendster
YIMB forum/group
YIMB pictures


wishlist

Your wishes are mine.


archives

May 2005


June 2005


July 2005


August 2005


September 2005


October 2005


November 2005


December 2005


January 2006


February 2006


March 2006


April 2006


May 2006


June 2006


July 2006


August 2006


September 2006


October 2006


December 2006


January 2007


February 2007


March 2007


April 2007


May 2007


June 2007


July 2007


August 2007


September 2007


October 2007


November 2007


December 2007


January 2008


February 2008


March 2008


April 2008


May 2008


June 2008


July 2008


August 2008


September 2008


October 2008


December 2008


January 2009


February 2009


March 2009


April 2009


May 2009


June 2009


July 2009


August 2009


September 2009


October 2009


November 2009


December 2009


January 2010


February 2010


March 2010


April 2010


May 2010


June 2010


July 2010